[ by Charles Cameron — quick update on Cameron’s Recomended Reading: Michael Wilson from 2008 ]
.

Back in 2008, Zen wrote of Michael Wilson‘s papers:

I’ve only just begun to look at these and I’m posting them here for those readers whose interests gravitate toward issues of intel analysis and futurism.

I checked recently, and most if not all of Michael’s papers are still available via the Internet Archive:

• 7Pillars, Papers by Michael Wilson
  • Decision Support Systems, DSSi Publications
  • **

A quick quote that caught my eye from Al-Qaida’s Endgame? A Strategic Scenario Analysis:

Osama bin Laden has a number of viable ‘role models’ from the history of the Middle East, including Saladin and the Assassins. For example, Saladin (the enormously successful commander during the Crusades) wrote in a letter to the Caliph in Baghdad that “European merchants supply the best weaponry, contributing to their own defeat.” This is similar to Lenin’s famous comment that “the Capitalists will sell us the rope with which we will hang them.”

Now there’s a DoubleQuote!

**

Here’s something I hadn’t seen before — a video of Michael speaking at DefCon 9, a couple of years after we met:

**

And here’s the .pdf vesion of the course I took with him, first online and then in person — if you read one piece of his, this should be the one:

• Michael Wilson, Continual and Complete Intelligence: a 21st Century Approach