This week, Washington was blanketed by blizzard Jonas, effectively shutting down the city for days. After the thaw, President Obama reminded folks it’s the last week to sign up for healthcare at Healthcare.Gov. The President spoke at the Embassy of Israel alongside Steven Spielberg, and he traveled to Baltimore, Maryland. That’s January 22nd to January 28th or, “Snowzilla.”
- Over the weekend, the White House â€“ like much of the northeast â€“ was covered in snow.
- On Monday, Concepcion Picciotto passed away. Concepcion protested outside the White House for more than three decades, becoming the longest-running act of political protest in the U.S. Her peace vigil remains outside the White House grounds.
- On Tuesday, the President hosted House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi and Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid in the Oval Office.
- On Wednesday, the President held a series of interviews with local reporters from around the country — mainly to discuss health insurance, and the rapidly approaching deadline to get covered byJanuary 31st!
- Later, the President spoke at the Embassy of Israel. Wednesday marked International Holocaust Remembrance Day and the 71st anniversary of the liberation of the Nazi concentration camp Auschwitz.
- On Thursday, the President attended the House Democratic Issues Conference in Baltimore.
Stay engaged with us online — and on our newest social media platform — Snapchat!