This week, The President sat down with well-known YouTube creators to be interviewed and reflect on the State of the Union, headed to a local elementary school with The First Lady to honor Dr. Martin Luther King, and to Motor City to celebrate the comeback of the American auto industry. That’s January 15 to the 21st or, “Say Spinach, Say Kale.”
Friday, January 15th
- â€‹On Friday afternoon, the President went live from the East room with three popular YouTube creators.
Sunday, January 17th
- â€‹On Sunday, the President took to the podium to discuss the international agreement to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon.
Monday, January 18th
- â€‹On Monday, the President and the First Lady headed to Leckie Elementary School to participate in a community service project — alongside some bright young Leckie Lions.
Tuesday, January 19th
- On Tuesday, the President welcomed to the White House Prime Minister Turnbull of Australia — his first trip to Washington since assuming office.
Wednesday, January 20th
- On Wednesday, the President headed to Detroit, Michiganto highlight the city’s resurgence. The President got a taste of the city while eating lunch with Detroit’s Mayor and local business leaders at the Jolly Pumpkin. And he stopped by the shop next door,Shinola.Then, he motored to the 2016 North American International Auto Show where he saw the new electric Chevy Bolt and shared it with you all on Facebook Live.
- On Thursday, the President hosted a reception for the nationâ€™s mayors to further expand the partnerships between cities and the federal government.
Stay engaged with us online — and on our newest social media platform — Snapchat!