[ by Charles Cameron — ideology in two soaps ]
.

SPEC DQ Soaps

**

The 1971 Pakistani soap ad quotes Pakistan’s third President, GEN Agha Muhammad Yahya Khan:

Remember the PROMISE OF ALMIGHTY ALLAH that, if you are steadfast in the path of Justice, He will bless you with final victory. Advance and strike at the enemy with the rallying call of Allah-o-Akbar. God is with us

Dr Bronner, on the other hand, has been telling us much the same thing on his soap labels since 1948, to wit: :

Absolute cleanliness is Godliness! Teach the Moral ABC that unites all mankind free, instantly 6 billion strong & we’re All-One. Listen Children Eternal Father Eternally One! 1st: If I’m not for me, who am I? Nobody! 2nd: Yet, if I’m only for me, what am I? Nothing! 3rd: If not now, when? Once More: Unless constructive-selfish I work hard perfecting first me, absolute nothing can help me!

**

The 101 Transparent Soap ad from Pakistan claims that it:

Contains no harsh ingredients and does no harm to hands and clothes.

Dr Bronner’s Magic Soap:

Super mild castile soap has outstanding water softening & cleansing powers. Preferable to harsh soap & defattening synthetics. It does not cut dirt, but dissolves it. It is the mildest, most pleasant soap you ever used or your money back!

It appears we can at least agree on the idea that doing no harm is something to be lauded in the production of soap!