This week, the President announced a new historic action to cut harmful carbon pollution, advocated for the Iran deal, celebrated his 54th birthday, and inaugurated a new class of Mandela fellows. read more Read more »
This week, the President secured a historic nuclear deal with Iran, traveled to Oklahoma to highlight the administration's work on criminal justice reform and the ConnectHome Initiative, designated three national monuments, spoke at the White House Conference on Aging and dropped by the Kids' "State Dinner."Read more »
This week was Maker Week and Pollinator Week! The President was a busy bee himself. He stopped by a Congressional baseball game and a Congressional picnic, congratulated My Brother's Keeper mentees, and presided over the ceremonial swearing-in of Loretta Lynch as Attorney General. Meanwhile, the First Lady crossed the Atlantic in the name of Let Girls Learn and Let's Move! That's June 12th to June 18th or, "Her Map & Compass."Read more »
This week, the President donned a yarmulke at Adas Israel Congregation, where he also sang and danced with some preschoolers; marked the first Memorial Day since our war in Afghanistan came to an end; hosted the NATO Secretary-General in the Oval Office; and answered your questions on climate change during a Twitter Q&A in Miami. That's May 22 to May 28th or, “High Fives for Everybody!”
- The President greeted rabbis at Adas Israel, one of Washington’s oldest synagogues, to mark Jewish American Heritage Month – and made an impromptu visit to a preschool classroom.
- The President hosted foreign diplomats for an annual reception in the East Room.
- On Memorial Day, the President joined 5,000 people at Arlington National Cemetery to lay a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, and reflect on the day with the families of those who have sacrificed so much for our freedom.
- Reporters from all over the world joined the President and NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg in the Oval Office, following their bilateral meeting.
- The President teamed up with the Vice President to surprise Vivian Bailey on her White House tour.
- The EPA announced its finalized Clean Water Rule, after reviewing over a million public comments. The Rule will protect safe and clean drinking water for millions of American families.
- The President toured the National Hurricane Center, where he was briefed on the upcoming hurricane season.
- The President took questions about climate change on Twitter from engaged citizens like you.
This week, the President visited Lehman College in New York City for the launch of the My Brother’s Keeper Alliance, taped an episode of the Late Show with David Letterman, hosted a Cinco de Mayo celebration, announced his nominee for the new Cha... Read more »
This week, the President made an important announcement about preventing Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon, traveled west to champion high tech jobs in Louisville -- and clean energy jobs in Salt Lake City, had some fun at the 137th annual White House Easter Egg Roll, and flew to Jamaica for a meeting with leaders of Caribbean nations. That's April 2nd to April 9th or "A Good Deal."
Read more »
This week, the President broke bread with My Brother's Keeper mentees, sat down with the President of Liberia and Secretary of Defense Ash Carter, shared the stage with Eric Holder and Aretha Franklin, and welcomed law enforcement officials and Peace Corps volunteers to the White House. While the Vice President was in Guatemala to discuss investing in Central America. That's February 27th to March 5th or "Just a Souvenir!"Read more »
This week, the President broke bread with My Brother's Keeper mentees, sat down with the President of Liberia and Secretary of Defense Ash Carter, shared the stage with Eric Holder and Aretha Franklin, and welcomed law enforcement officials and Peace Corps volunteers to the White House. While the Vice President was in Guatemala to discuss investing in Central America. That's February 27 to March 5 or, "Just a Souvenir!"Read more »
This week, the President made history by being the first sitting President to make a second visit to India. He and the First Lady also traveled to Saudi Arabia to pay their respects to the late King. And back at home, the President convened a meeting with U.S. mayors and honored outgoing Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel. That's January 23 to January 29 or, "Namaste Obama."Read more »
This week, the President nominated a Secretary of Defense, coded with a group of budding computer scientists, took over as host of The Colbert Report, pushed for comprehensive immigration reform, hosted a summit on high quality early education, and welcomed this year's Kennedy Center Honorees to the White House. That's December 5th to December 11th or, "Zeros & Ones."Read more »